What is MS Project?
MS Project is a project management software program, developed and sold by Microsoft, which is designed to assist a project manager in developing a plan, assigning resources to tasks, tracking progress, managing the budget, and analyzing workloads.
Course topics are carefully crafted by expert from industry to cover most widely used features of MS Project Professional 2010, 2013, 2016 versions. Course aim is to prepare attendees to gain sufficient conceptual knowledge as well as practice covering practical planning/scheduling situations, so that they can start using MS Project tool in their company projects right after the training.
–Project Management basics
–Background of MS Project
* Know MS Project
–Overview on UI components & customization
–Overview of different Views
* Creating Project
–Setting up project information
–Calendars in MS Project
–Create custom Calendar
* Identifying work to be done
–Work Breakdown structure
–Creating Milestones, recurring tasks, summary tasks
–Changing / customizing WBS Code
* Building Schedule
–Schedule Network Analysis
–Leads & Lags
–Overview of constraints
* Building Team
–Overview on resource types
–Setting up Resource Calendar & availability
–Defining Costs & Cost rate table
–Adding more information for resource
* Assigning Resources
–Assigning work resources to project
–Overview assigning other resources to project
–Reviewing resource assignments
–Duration – Work – Units relationship
–Effort Driven Scheduling
* Fine Tuning
–Critical Path Method (CPM)
–Review, balance workload
–Resource Leveling assignments
* Baseline Plan
–Baseline a project
–Limitations in baseline
–Overview on Interim plan
* Tracking Project
–Overview on status calculations
–Steps to track progress
–Approaches to track project in tool
* Working with more than one project
–Creating master, sub projects
–Attaching & updating master-sub projects
–Resource Pool in MS Project
* Earned Value Management (EVM) [only for corporate training]
–Understanding EVM technique to track or control costs in project
–Apply cost in project
–EVM in MS Project tool
- Complete hands-on effective training with individual focus
- Flexible schedules – weekend or weekday; classroom or online or corporate
- On Demand one-one and batch training at mutually convenient schedules
- Practices and Exercises during the workshop
- Interactive approach to understand concepts thoroughly
- Speak to our coach before workshop
- Discussion on concepts behind few features of MS Project
- PMP credential holders can apply for 15 PDUs of Category B
- Continued support over mail and lot more…
- Project team members, leads, managers, supervisors, planners, estimators, schedulers and anyone who is interested in learning how to use Microsoft Project tool.
- Basic knowledge on projects environment.
Contact for details
Contact for crash course
Contact for 1-1 or batch
© Copyright 2016 www.24x7Coach.com. All rights reserved. 24x7Coach.com is a venture of Mahtia Business Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
24x7Coach.com is Authorized Training Partner of VMEdu, Inc., PMI R.E.P 2053 (PMStudy.com, ScrumStudy.com, PROJStudy.com, MyITStudy.com, RMStudy.com, 6SigmaStudy.com, BAprogram.com)
S R Nagar Office: Mahtia Business Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Flat 101, Sristi Homes, Opp. Lane to Govt. Chest Hospital, Near ESI bus stop, S R Nagar, Hyderabad - 500038
Microsoft is a Registered Trade Mark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
"PMI®", "PMBOK®", "PMP®", "CAPM", "PMI-RMP®" and "PMI-ACP®" are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
PSM, and Professional Scrum Master are trademarks of scrum.org. Content on our site is not affiliated with nor endorsed by Scrum.org.
The Swirl logoTM, ITIL®, PRINCE2®, MSP® are a Registered Trade Marks of AXELOS Limited.
Please report any IP violation or plagarism to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will act promptly and accordingly.